JOIN OUR TEAM
Tax Intern – Winter 2024
Bartlett, Pringle & Wolf, LLP is seeking motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented individuals to join our Tax Intern Team for the 2024 Tax Season, starting in mid-January through April 15, 2024. Our internship program offers you rewarding and challenging real work experience opportunities that will launch your career and open up a world of possibilities.
Going from campus to career is a life-changing experience. If you would like to get a taste of the working life in a professional environment while you’re still a student, we can offer you a number of different experiences to gain insight into your field. The right internship can help you take the next critical step in shaping a successful and fulfilling career. Why minimize your job potential with an average internship when you can maximize your life experience with BPW?
Our program offers paid internships where you will be able to build your technical knowledge and be part of a team that will provide coaching to help develop your professional skills.
- Prepare basic tax returns
- Prepare estimate tax payments for individuals
- Research tax issues of minimal complexity
- Respond to less complex IRS notices
- Utilize and develop a basic understanding and working knowledge of various tax programs and of requisite software and internal work flow/procedures
- Follow established business processes and practices
- Maintain confidentiality in all client matters
- Deliver exceptional client service in accordance with established service practices and standards
- Produce quality work products in accordance with taxing authorities, firm policies and procedures
- Check accuracy of work for errors prior to submission for review
- Communicate issues, ideas and/or concerns to appropriate management staff in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time, and achieve deadlines
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records and reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; working knowledge of Prosystem fx Tax and ProSystem fx Engagement are a plus
- Ability to solve practical problems and learn processes quickly to apply knowledge to client engagements
- Basic knowledge of federal and state tax compliance
If you are interested in joining BPW’s Tax Intern Team, please send your resume, cover letter, and transcripts to email@example.com by November 15, 2023.
ELIGIBILITY: Undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors must be majoring in Accounting, have at least a 3.O GPA or higher, and have completed or are currently enrolled in an intermediate accounting class. Recent graduates are expected to have graduated in either Accounting or Business with at least a 3.O GPA or higher and would like to become a CPA.
In addition to our downtown Santa Barbara location and beautiful work environment, we offer competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance benefits, a 401(k) Plan, a Flexible Benefit Plan, profit-sharing, and bonus opportunities. We also place a high value on quality of life and are proud to offer flexibility with work schedules.
How to Apply
If you believe that you are an ideal candidate and have an interest in joining our team, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage diversity in our workforce.