Giving back to the community we live and work in is not only part of our core values, it is part of the firm’s culture and identity. It is a belief that has been ingrained into BPW’s culture since it was founded, and it is an important legacy to continue.
To honor the firm’s 70th Anniversary and this longstanding belief, we have pledged to perform 70 acts of kindness in 2018; some of them have already been completed; some will be random acts of kindness; and others will be deep-rooted traditions of the firm.
Check back to see how our 70 acts of kindness develop over the course of 2018.
- We rolled up our sleeves and donated blood for the BPW Blood Drive on February 2.
- On February 9, we were proud to attend and support the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women Luncheon.
- Co-hosted our seventh Tech Mixer and raised funds for the Santa Barbara Foundation’s Community Disaster Relief Fund on February 7.
- Sponsored Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties Wish Night Gala 2018 on February 23.
- Sponsored the Kick Ash Bash on February 25.
- Proud to support the Santa Barbara International Film Festival’s 2018 Film Camp.
- Sponsored Garden Street Academy’s Annual Gala & Auction Hawaiian Nights on March 10.
- On April 6, we enjoyed attending and supporting the Goleta Chamber of Commerce and City of Goleta at the 11th Annual State of the City.
- Sponsored the 4th Annual Santa Barbara County Bar Foundation Race For Justice
- Sponsored Transition House’s 21st Annual Mad Hatter Luncheon on April 25.
- On May 3, we sponsored the 37th Annual Awards Banquet for the Undergraduate Accounting Society of UC Santa Barbara.
- On May 8, we sponsored the UCSB Economic Forecast Project’s Economic Summit.
- Sponsored the Our Lady of Sorrows and Notre Dame School’s Annual Festival on May 5.
- Sponsored the Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care’s 17th Annual Mother’s Day Luncheon on May 11.