Join Our Team
We are currently seeking a Tax Manager who enjoys working in a team environment and has the ability to interact with a variety of clients in a professional and courteous manner. Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail are a must. Expertise should include real estate transactions, high net worth individuals, partnerships, M&A, choice of entity, trusts, and multi-state tax matters. The Tax Manager will be responsible for handling complex tax transactions, fostering client relationships, and managing client engagements. S/he will also provide guidance and direction to staff members and support the firm’s vision through pursuing new business opportunities and/or identifying internal initiatives.
- 5+ years of increasingly complex tax experience gained within a public accounting firm, including 3 years at management level
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA license required; Master’s degree in Taxation a plus
- Proficient in corporate, individual, fiduciary, and partnership taxation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques
- Highly motivated
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements and completing tasks related to business development
- Ability to attain visibility and recognition within your industry specialization and in your local market
- Thrives in a culture of work hard and play hard
- Reviews complex tax returns on a regular basis; ensures tax strategies applied to client situation achieve the most advantageous tax results
- Prepares tax returns only in atypical circumstances
- Researches complex tax issues and delegates related projects
- Reviews and verifies tax research
- Responds to or provides guidance to staff on complex IRS notices; may prepare communication to client regarding compliance-related issues
- Represents clients at IRS office audits
- Identifies tax planning ideas; may prepare or review written client communication stating recommendations
- Identifies and/or resolves ethical, independence, and/or conflict issues
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of various tax programs and of requisite software and internal work flow/procedures
- Identifies, recommends, and/or implements business processes that increase efficiency or productivity. Reinforces established business processes through own actions
- Maintains confidentiality in all client matters
- Strong familiarity with IRS Circular 230 Regulations Governing the Practice of Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, Actuaries and Enrolled Agents Before the IRS, and the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct
- Frequent contact with client during the engagement, including regular verbal and written correspondence and in-person meetings; initiates regular contact with client or client executives to strengthen business relationship; may initiate contact with client outside of the regular engagement
- Demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business and has the confidence of the client as a trusted advisor
- Anticipates and identifies client issues and concerns; provides advice and recommendations that reflect a thorough understanding of client’s situation, objectives, and/or strategy
- Maintains full client responsibility including billing and collection efforts
In addition to our downtown Santa Barbara location and our beautiful work environment, we offer competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance benefits, a 401(k) Plan, a Flexible Benefit Plan, profit-sharing and bonus opportunities. We also place a high value on quality of life and are proud to offer flexibility with work schedules.
If you believe that you are an ideal candidate and have an interest in joining our team, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage diversity in our workforce.