Join Our Team
Staff Accountant – Audit Level I
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Audit Department. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a team environment and has the ability to interact with a variety of clients in a professional and courteous manner. Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail are a must.
As a full-time position in our Audit Department, it is desired that the candidate have a B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university (Accounting or Business Economics Major preferred), or is actively pursuing a professional certificate from an accredited school or university. Additionally, the candidate should have completed an accounting internship or have at least 6 months of experience at a public accounting firm.
- Participates in the less complex aspects of audit and accounting engagements
- Recognizes and applies appropriately, the different levels of attest services (i.e. audit, review or compilation) and the level of assurance provided
- Evaluates evidence gathered
- Recognizes audit differences resulting from both test of details and analytical procedures, develops appropriate conclusions based on evidence and identifies issues needing the attention of supervisory personnel
- Prepares review and compilation reports including disclosures
- Assists with preparing financial statements and audit reports; groups accounts into proper elements
- Identifies financial statement presentation and disclosure requirements within assigned engagement sections
- Assist with development and drafting of business advice comments
- Identifies reportable conditions within assigned engagement areas
- May serve as a Senior Staff Accountant on engagements that require no additional assistance
- Adheres to established business processes and practices
- Maintains confidentiality in all client matters
- Has knowledge of IRS Circular 230 Regulations Governing the Practice of Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants, Actuaries and Enrolled Agents Before the IRS and the AICPA Professional Code of Conduct
In addition to our downtown Santa Barbara location and our beautiful work environment, we offer competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance benefits, a 401(k) Plan, a Flexible Benefit Plan, profit-sharing and bonus opportunities. We also place a high value on quality of life and are proud to offer flexibility with work schedules.
If you believe that you are an ideal candidate and have an interest in joining our team, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage diversity in our workforce.