JOIN OUR TEAM
We are seeking an enthusiastic Accounting Assistant/Bookkeeper who will perform administrative and accounting duties including but not limited to billing administration, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank deposits, cash management, accounting entries, and client relations.
This is a full-time position. It is desired that the candidate holds an Associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience (minimum of two years’ experience), as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and GAAP. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Access, Word, and Excel) is a plus. Candidate must enjoy working in a team environment and have the ability to interact with clients in a professional and courteous manner. Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail is a must.
- Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions
- Accounts Receivable and billing books
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Reconcile and properly code monthly credit card statements
- Manage the weekly check run
- Vendor and customer discrepancies
- Process expense reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare daily deposit and enter in GP
- CCH Prosystem Practice Management time entry and billing administrator
- Month-end financial and profitability reports
- Generate annual 1099s and other regulatory filings
- Maintain proper back up files for research and reference
- Additional duties as requested
In addition to our downtown Santa Barbara location and our beautiful work environment, we offer competitive pay and benefits, including health insurance benefits, a 401(k) Plan, a Flexible Benefit Plan, profit-sharing, and bonus opportunities. We also place a high value on quality of life and are proud to offer flexibility with work schedules.
If you believe that you are an ideal candidate and have an interest in joining our team, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage diversity in our workforce.