“Siri, what is my year-to-date net income?” This is where technology is going. Are you on target to get there? Our remote work environments have forced us to take a hard look at the capabilities of our accounting software, and whether they’re serving us well or holding us back.
A couple months ago, businesses were scrambling to digest the idea of moving all operations to a remote capacity. How seamless was it for your business? Is it still a struggle?
The abrupt shift from available office-bound files and applications to complete remote accessibility opened many eyes to how well-prepared businesses are in order to operate under any circumstances. Leaders across every industry found themselves suddenly responsible for ensuring that employees had remote access to data, customers could receive their necessary information, and collaboration could occur from virtually anywhere.
Weeks later, most of the wrinkles have been ironed out; but for some, in-house technology cannot handle this shift in expectations, and something has to be done if business is going to succeed. With the speed at which technology is moving, greater and greater attention is required to ensure high-functioning remote systems are put in place. So, what are some attributes businesses should look for in cloud-based accounting software that will impact the ability to achieve business objectives?
Essentials of cloud-based accounting software include:
- Complete remote and mobile accessibility to full scope core and advanced accounting functionality. Read more on its detailed functionality.
- Unlimited users with the ability to access multiple applications simultaneously.
- A digestible price point with monthly subscription fees.
- A scalable platform that grows with your operation and allows for new lines of business.
- Enterprise-quality software managed in the cloud by experienced data centers to ensure not only increased data security, but also satisfies backup and disaster recovery requirements.
- Automated features to reduce administrative time and resources.
Your business has the ability to dramatically improve efficiency and functionality by implementing a simple software solution that will make your job easier. Your clients expect it, and many of your competitors already have it. So, it’s time to leverage the power of technology and make it work for you.
With countless options on the market, our team has vetted the top-tier systems and weighed the pros and cons of each. If you are a midsize company looking for automation, accessibility, scalability, and overall innovation, we found Acumatica to be the best of breed. The built-in features allow companies to spend less time managing data and more time focused on delivering products and services.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 888-0313 to find out how to transition onto a more robust accounting software system. Our consulting team provides implementation and ongoing support services for Acumatica to help your business leverage technology to optimize operations.